Direct Reporting Line:Managing Director
The Academic Manager will be responsible for the integration of operations and academic areas to best serve the needs of the brand. Applies strategic vision for the brand in terms of academic development (processes and new qualifications) in a regulatory environment.
Key Performance Area:
Brand Strategy and Stakeholder Relations
- Manages the academic and operational planning for the brand with a forecast greater than 3 years.
- Ensures that the process of departmental submissions for accreditation are completed timeously in line with the strategic intent of the brand.
- Meets with the necessary stakeholders to make course adjustments and scheduling/rescheduling of academic programmes.
- Contributes to the financial performance of the brand.
- Understanding the financial, operations and sustainability of the development of new academic programmes.
- Manages the budget for the academic and operations department of the brand.
- Analyses budgets in terms of training requirements and academic needs.
- Makes strategic decisions on product offerings and mode of offering for the brand.
- Ensure that the programme offering and mode of offering is aligned with the brand and institutions intent.
- Ensure that the qualifications are in line with the academic market and suitable for the brand.
Success Rates of Academic Brand
- Understanding of student academic performance in terms of pass and throughput rates.
- Supports the Campus Principals to manage the academic and operations departments to ensure that outputs are maximised.
- Conducts analyses and internal audits on the performance of lecturers and students and flags risks.
Integration and Staff Management
- Manage the integration between Operations and Teaching and Learning to drive efficiency
- Manages the engagement of academic staff in the curriculum development and assessment strategy with suggested improvements.
- Coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Monitors and manages the performance of staff.
- Understanding of brand resources and accessing of those resources to drive efficiency.
Post graduate degree
5 years + in Management
3 years + in Lecturing or Teaching
3 - 5 years Staff Management; including
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance management
- Management of discipline in the workplace