Direct Reporting Line:General Manager
Our new connected campus is looking for a Principal who will be responsible for ensuring the day to day management of campus administration, teaching, learning and staff. Responsible for driving a successful business that yields financial returns for the Brand and that helps the group achieve their financial targets.
Key Performance Area:
- Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, career coaching, personal development for direct reports and accountable for the performance of employees.
- Ensure teams are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support.
- Sign off of all new appointments.
- Responsible for the signing-off of contracts for independent contractors.
- Attends disciplinary hearing when necessary.
- Approves, workforce planning, leave and sets rosters for Saturday work.
- Ensures achievements of targets i.e. sales as well as throughput and pass rates.
- Provides a plan to guide sales teams to achieve goals based on historical records.
- Monitors academic performance and takes necessary steps to ensure pass rates remain high e.g. workshops, extra classes, tutors etc.
- Ensure that all departments are functioning i.e. timetables, lecturing taking place, support to students and creating an academic culture of campus.
- Ensures that assessments and timetables are finalised and that assessments are taking place.
- Contributes to annual budget planning process and compiles annual budget
- Manages, monitors and controls the budget and takes corrective action as appropriate
- Takes full responsibility for the financial resources within area of accountability.
- Manages and maintains internal and external relations to ensure that problem areas are resolved timeously.
- Attends monthly meetings with the student council to manage and maintain student affairs.
- Oversees the maintenance function within the premises i.e. building, security, cleaning and air conditioning to ensure alignment with brand image.
- Monitors progress to ensure successful implementation of plans.
- Ensures the existence of SLAs with service providers and contractors.
- Develops Facilities Management policies and procedures.
- Business Degree
- Background in Education
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Managing of a small campus.
- 5 years Business experience
- 3-5 years
- Staff Management; including
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance management
- Management of discipline in the workplace