Campus/Business Unit:Cape Town
Direct Reporting Line:Senior ICT Support
Response to and resolution of incidents involving applications and related equipment used at the workplace. Assist users to enable them to make effective use of systems and equipment. Support may be provided both to users of the systems and to service delivery functions such as computer operations and service desk. Support takes the form of investigating, identification, root cause analysis and resolution of problems, providing info about the systems, and escalating problems not resolved within defined service level requirements.
Key Performance Area:
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritises logged requests for assistance from users requiring assistance with catalog of services requests.
- Logs and tracks calls using incident and problem management database provided through the service desk
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follows up on routine user problems, referring more complex problems to the campus Senior ICT Support
Software and Hardware Installations and Support for Software and Hardware Installations
- Installs desktop and laptop computers for use on campus with the relevant authorised software and completes the relevant documentation.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives.
- Sets up and support for boardrooms or for training use
- Conducts regular testing of the video conferencing and information technology equipment and fixes any problems with this equipment.
Information Technology Administrative Functions
- Liaises with service providers on information technology equipment and repairs and maintenance thereof.
- Administers assets by updating the hardware and software asset register that includes asset disposal.
- Administers licensing in the software license bank.
- Maintains the information technology store room, server room and office by keeping it neat and tidy and free of any health and safety risks.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
Higher Certificate / Occupational Certificate Level 5 (NQF Level 5) / A+ / N +
Advanced Certificate / Diploma / Occupational Certificate Level 6 (NQF Level 6) in CCNA1 / MCSE / MCTIP
Completed Internship/ 6+ months on the job experience
Physical Job Requirements:
Positions available from July 2019.