Direct Reporting Line:Teaching & Learning Manager
To ensure the consistent and effective implementation of the teaching and learning strategy across campuses so that pass and throughput rates are on, or exceeding, campus specific targets.
Key Performance Area:
Teaching and Learning Improvement
- Participation in the implementation, review and improvement of a learning strategy for RC that includes different teaching and learning models.
- Supports the application of learning support services on campuses with a direct focus on improving student throughput rates.
- Facilitate the campus analysis of academic results and design of national interventions for modules/ programmes that are performing poorly across all sites.
- Liaise with National (and occasionally CAT) stakeholders on all matters that impact learning and teaching in the classroom.
- Measure the impact of learning solutions to aid in the analysis and evaluation thereof for return on investment.
- Represents the brand and participates at various academic governance meetings.
Training and Development
- Supports campus Programme Managers to manage their department and develop staff within the department.
- Support campuses in the recruitment of the right lecturing staff in line with the teaching and learning requirements of the campus.
- Assist in improving overall student and lecturing staff
- Assists campuses with academic planning and implementation for the brand with a forecast of 1 year.
- Upload documents on IQ/Sharepoint
- Coordinate teleconferences with Programme Managers
- Keep records of all Teaching & Learning reports and activities
- Degree in Education
- Masters in Education
- Qualification specialised in Higher Education
- Minimum 3 years experience in Higher Education Management.
- At least 4 years Lecturing experience in a private higher education institution.