Campus/Business Unit:Port Elizabeth
Direct Reporting Line:General Manager
Co-ordinates, plans and schedules the day to day activities of ICT support staff and assists the team to provide technical and training support services. Provides on the job training to team members and feedback regarding job performance and progress. Co-ordinates systems installations and assists to retrieve stored data. Investigates and resolves system malfunctions or escalates accordingly. Liases with staff to achieve effective problem resolution.
Key Performance Area:
- Conducts daily checks on the IT infrastructure (LAN, WLAN, WAN, etc¦) to monitor up time requirements and ensure that systems are running optimally.
- Installs new servers when required.
- Coordinates the deployment of systems and infrastrucutre within the campus
Software and Hardware Support
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software issues that are escalated from ICT Supports.
- Maintains campus software licences and ensures that campus equipment is licenced correctly
- Ensures that critical and security updates are applied to servers and workstations
- Ensure that the campus has the necessary IT support during regular operational hours.
- Coordinates campus IT staff activities. Oversees and allocates service desk requests accordingly.
- Has input in ICT Supports' leave requests, appraisals and KPA setting
- Higher Certificate / Occupational Certificate Level 5 (NQF Level 5) in CCNA1 / MCSE / MCTIP
2 years experience as ICT Support/Service Desk agent
Knowledge of Standard Operating Systems
Physical Job Requirements: