Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal - Teaching & Learning
The overall purpose of the job is to initiate, lead, manage, facilitate and influence, within the formal structures of the School of Education, all aspects of the teaching and learning process.
Key Performance Area:
- Formulating, organizing and monitoring teaching and learning strategies a
- Deciding on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinating teaching and learning activities within the School of Education
- The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing professional staff to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
- The goal is to ensure that quality Teaching and Learning takes place within the school
- B.Ed (Hons) in education management or a relevant field; M.Ed/MA is a plus
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of Initial Teacher Education in South Africa
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and staff development
- Excellent knowledge of the South African education policies and legislation is a strong advantage
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability