Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal - Teaching & Learning
Rosebank College is looking for a passionate individual to join its Student Wellness team. This individual will work with and assist manage the psychosocial wellbeing of the student body through providing counselling services, social education and awareness programmes and life skills development.
Key Performance Area:
- Implementation of on-site primary counselling services, trauma containment & crisis management
- Marketing & Promotion of the service to students
- Maintaining of case files and counselling statistics within SACSSP/HPCSA standards
- As per the bursary monitoring process, manage these students progress and wellness.
- Continuous Professional Development in line with SACSSP/HPCSA requirements
Social Awareness & Education
- Design and Plan effective Social Awareness & Education Campaigns aimed at addressing campus specific needs
- Manage the effective implementation of such programmes
- Evaluation and analysis of Programmes to inform future planning
- Networking and relationship building with NPOs and other organisations in order to enhance Social Awareness & Education Programmes and maintain an effective referral network.
Reporting on Student Wellness
- Fortnightly Reporting on all KPAs
- Consolidated Semester Reporting
- Completion of all on line tracking system
Business Development and Client Interaction
- Prepare client presentation pack for management approval; which must include
- RC Company Profile
- Departmental Profile and Service Offering
- Schedule of shortlisted graduates
- Graduate CVs
- Obtain authorisation from graduates before CVs are submitted to prospective employers
- Match graduate CVs from database to job descriptions and company specifications
- Obtain job descriptions and company specifications for entry level positions
- Market services of department to existing and new clients (prospective employees)
- Deliver presentation pack to prospective employers
- Present candidates where possible during sit-down session with prospective employer
- Ask and confirm that CVs meet the expectations of the prospective employer
- Arrange interviews with shortlisted graduates
- Provide graduates with the job requirements and overview of the prospective employers
- Ensure graduates are fully prepared for the interview
- Obtain interview feedback from candidates after interview
- Obtain interview feedback from prospective employer
- Where prospective employer wants to make an offer to interviewed graduates, help facilitate the end to end process
- Follow up with graduate and ensure he/she is fully prepared for first day at the office
- Follow up with graduate at the end of his/her first day and first week at the office
- Follow up with employer at end of graduates first day
- Follow up with employer after two to four weeks after employment
- Overall focus of placements is crucial, placements of Campus Graduates
Reporting on Graduate Placements
- Write reports on workshops, placements, graduate success etc. for publication by Communications Department
- A Social Work/Psychology Qualification
- Registration as a Social Worker with the SACSSP or a registered Counsellor or Psychologist with the HPCSA
- Minimum 3 years social work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years counselling experience. Experience working with the youth will be advantageous.
- Business development skills required
- Target driven
- Drivers license and own transport is essential.
Physical Job Requirements:
Drivers licence and own car is essential
- Reports directly to the Campus Principal on all activities listed with an indirect reporting line to the National Student Relations Manager on all student wellness activities and to the National Graduate Development Manager on all graduate placement activities.