Direct Reporting Line:Programme Manager
To be responsible and accountable for all communication between the site, students and lecturers for a specific programme Lecturing approximately 15hrs a week, creating a culture where students value diversity and have high ethical values.
Key Performance Area:
Support for all Independent Contractors for designated programmes
- Prepare for all lectures and mark appropriately
- Drive a culture of research amongst lecturing pool Recruit lecturers and manage accordingly
- Co-ordinate subject specific tutorials
- Develop teaching capacity and standards on Campus
- Track lecturers performance
- Ensure lecturers integrate appropriate student support services into classroom based on the learner needs
- Mentor all IC (within a programme) in relevant teaching methodologies
Support for students
- Consult with students on all registration queries
- Conduct class visits
- Consult with students on all academic queries, including subject specific tutorials
- Analyse and track student performance; and implement appropriate interventions
- Integrate library resources in the classroom
- Integrate student support services into classroom
- Provide academic module feedback and collate per faculty
- Interrogate all assessment feedback
- Monitor all new programme rollout
A Minimum of a Bachelors/ Honours/ Masters Degree
Minimum 3-5 years experience in the teaching and learning field, specifically lecturing in the tertiary environment.
Please note queries will be handled after the closing date (30 April 2017). Regretebly only SA Citizens will be considered.