Direct Reporting Line:VP - Teaching & Learning
Rosebank College is looking for a Programme Manager, who will be responsible and accountable for the effective and efficient operation of the Academic Department.
Key Performance Area:
Teaching and Learning to enhance the student experience
- Implements the IIE Teaching and Learning Strategy to ensure quality of outcomes are maintained and improved where required and/or relevant
- Develops teaching and learning capacity and standards on campus through managing, monitoring and implementing peer assessment of teaching, providing feedback, developing growth plans for individual lecturers, interventions as needed, quality assurance.
- Organises and facilitates teaching skills and lecturer/ tutor development workshops.
- Organises and facilitates lecturer /tutor orientation.
- Organises and implements the induction process of new lecturers to ensure all academic staff has common understanding of teaching and learning processes and requirements.
- Implements a peer partnership system amongst the academic staff to create and promote the campus culture.
- Assists lecturers in the compilation and uploading of e-Poe. (electronic portfolio of evidence)
Analysis and planning
- Analyse class attendance and student progress
- Design improvement plan and assist with implementation
- Analyse success of plan; re-plan where appropriate
- Contributes to the achievement of the brands strategic direction and objectives.
- Provides leadership in academic activities (workshops, forums, meetings, etc.).
- Co-ordinates the implementation of the IIE Teaching and Learning Strategy.
- Advises staff on discipline specific matters relating to the development, renewal and implementation of the curriculum.
- Encourages staff to submit proposals to promote research.
- Engages in own research and development to support skills.
- Engages and encourages the engagement of the academic staff in Celebrate Teaching and Learning.
- Integrates knowledge and insights acquired at developmental workshops (campus, national, IIE and external) into teaching and learning principles and practice.
Formal qualifications Minimum
- Postgraduate Diploma / Bachelors Degree / Bachelor Honours Degree (NQF Level 8)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education
Formal qualifications Ideal
- Masters Degree (NQF Level 9)
- High level of computer skills analysis, cloud computing, internet, web etc.
- ADvTECH Policies and Procedures
- IIE Policies and Procedures
- IIE Academic Policies
- HEQSF (The South African Further and Higher Education environment and regulatory framework)
Minimum 3-5 years experience in the teaching and learning field.