Direct Reporting Line:Accountant
We are looking for a skilled accounts payable clerk to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
Key Performance Area:
- Process accounts and preparing creditors reconciliations in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Obtain necessary authorisation for invoices before submission for payment
- Ensuring all creditors are paid within agreed payment terms with those creditors
- Verify discrepancies with Creditors
- Generate an age analysis with explanations with an analysis
- Prepare Purchase Orders where required
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- Essential: Grade 12
- A finance related qualification
- Proven working experience as accounts payable clerk (or accounts receivable clerk)
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Physical Job Requirements:
Saturday work required