Direct Reporting Line:National Sales Manager
To manage all aspects of training including but not limited to the identification of training needs, course development, facilitation, training, evaluation of training and skills assessments, as well as supporting administrative functions.
Key Performance Area:
- Responsible for training and re-training staff on product knowledge, sales techniques and CRM systems.
- The key skills these sales staff require are presentation skills, face to face consultation skills, telephonic consultation, written communication and online communication skills.
- Design quality sales training programs within budget limitations.
- Schedule individual and team training plans on a regular basis.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses to identify training needs.
- Oversee training material and suggest improvements.
- Choose the most appropriate training method per case (e.g. on-the-job training, seminars and simulations)
- Design on-boarding session for new hires and sales trainees.
- Evaluate sales team performance to ensure incorporation of taught techniques.
- Report on training program effectiveness.
- Create an open-communication climate and gather team members preferences for potential training.
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training record
- Stay up-to-date with employee development trends.
- Create/Analyse weekly reports
- A relevant and accredited degree or diploma. (HR, Education, Marketing).
- Additional certification in training.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years Sales Experience in a target driven environment.
- Proven work experience as a Sales training specialist or Sales training coordinator.
- Experience with CRM software.