Direct Reporting Line:GM
Direct management of academic delivery and overseeing the management of academic programmes under the supervision of the Principal and Academic Manager. The mandate includes managing the operational efficiency of the academic team and overseeing the student support function.
Key Performance Area:
- Implementation of academic policies
- Approval of students academic requests (exception apps)
- Controlling assessment procedures e.g. security and invigilators
- Approval of all lecturers on IIE programmes as per IC appointment process
- Surveys: Student, Lecturer, Technology
- Peer Review Process: Overview the PM implementation of the peer review schedule on site, as well as monitoring of implementation plans with the PMs.
- PM Class visits: Overview the implementation of the class visit process.
- Graduation: manage the graduation process on campus, including tracking of outstanding documents.
- Scheduling of timetables.
- Support the PMs in the recruitment of lecturers.
- Contracting lecturers as per scheduled timetable.
- Updating of timetable on SAM with amendments as required.
- Analyse attendance statistics with PMs as part of At Risk process (Lecturer, programme, module issues)
- Assessment: Formative printing, release, marks collection, upload on the system, release of marks
- Manage the CASS release on campus
- Assessment: Summative paper request (quantity), release, marks collection, upload on system, release of marks
- Monitoring moderation process
- Manage applications for sittings 2 and 3 (all different apps)
- Ensuring that academic reports are distributed timely
- Manage communication to all stakeholders regarding changes in timetables, materials, assessments and general updates.
- Offering academic support to PMs, PCs & FTLs
- Administration around programme implementation
- Management of the Lecturing Budget
Student and Lecturer Support and Development
Ensure the SRM delivers on the following areas:
- Student Wellness
- Primary Counselling
- Work Readiness & Student Wellness
- Management of Student Council
- Management of Bursary Students
Ensure the PMs, PCs & FTLs deliver on the following areas:
- Teaching and Learning function
- Full Time Lecturing
- Work Integrated Learning Function
- Student Support and Development
- Lecturer Support and Development
- Ensure Librarian delivers
Roll Over Process
- Manage the roll over process during annual student registration process
Management of all resources within department; which includes but is not limited to:-
- Recruitment and appointment of resources
- Performance Management
- Management of discipline in the workplace
Honours degree Degree in Higher Education (Hons)
- 3 Years in An academic administration position in a decentralized setting
- 1 Year(s) Student development and student support
- 1 Year(s) General management experience
- 1 Year(s) Any combination of experience and education that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities