Campus/Business Unit:Cape Town
Direct Reporting Line:General Manager
Rosebank College, has a vacancy for a qualified Librarian who will follow established policies and practices in conjunction with applying general library knowledge in completing assigned tasks. Will be able to perform data entry to order and track library materials, establish records and process library related books, catalogs and general information.
Key Performance Area:
- Implements library policies and provide feedback to National Librarian
- Manages day-to-day library operations e.g. loans
- Updates library holdings in shared catalogue
- Accessioning (receipting of newly purchased materials)
- Controls periodicals (journals, newspapers)
- Follows-up on the subscriptions of journals and periodicals
- Replaces back issues of journals with latest issues
- Conducts library orientation for new students and staff
- Conducts information literacy workshops including training in use of library resources
- Provides information service to students and academic staff
- Promotes usage of library resources and services
- Checks and updates notice boards
- Promotes information and research through displays
- Locates information for students and lecturers
- Assists students with research and assignment preparation.
- Assists students who are computer illiterate.
- A Minimum of a Bachelors/ Honours/ Masters Degree
Minimum 3-5 years experience in the teaching and learning field, specifically lecturing in the tertiary environment.
Positions available from July 2019