Direct Reporting Line:Principal
The Student Relationship Manager forms part of the Student Support department under the supervision of the Vice Principal Teaching & Learning with a line of accountability to the National Student Relations Manager with the purpose of enhancing student wellness. The mandate includes the offering of Primary Counselling to students, Life Skills Workshops, incl. the WRP, but not limited to it. Fostering a sense of citizenship amongst students through sustainable Community Engagement projects, all with the purpose of preparing the students for the workplace and life in general. Continuous creation of awareness on monthly topics, linked to values and life skills, arrangement of applicable guest speakers and monitoring of specific student categories.
Key Performance Area:
- Awareness campaigns around universal social and emotional issues, as well as on monthly themes on values and topics.
- Establish trustworthy relationships with students that opens channels for communication between the campus and students
- Management of the Student Wellness budget
- Continuously creating awareness for the SRM services available to FT and SOBT students
- Applicable guest speakers on relevant topics
- As part of the SS team on campus, present on the WRP.
- Individual primary counselling to students
- Maintenance of a report and filing system of counselling interventions
- Group counselling with students with similar problems
- Establish a referral network for secondary counselling
Community Engagement/Corporate Social Investment
- Involve students in sustainable Community Engagement outreach programmes, in line with Advtechs CSI policy.
- Implement regular community outreach programme
- Create awareness amongst students regarding social issues
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders in the community
- Empower students with a sense of citizenship
- Present Life Skills worships on community related issues
- Coordinate 3rd party activities on campus, e.g. SANBS
- Write and submit regular PR articles per CE/CSI event
Student Council Management
- Oversee the overall running of the campus Student Council
- Collating of mentee minutes of meetings
- Manage the training of the SC
- Manage the annual elections of the SC
- Ownership of the CE Committee of the SC
Bursary Student Monitoring
- As per the Bursary Monitoring Process, manage these students progress and wellness.
- A Social Work/Psychology Qualification
- Registration as a Social Worker with the SACSSP or a registered Counsellor or Psychologist with the HPCSA
- Minimum 3 years social work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years counselling experience.
- Experience working with the youth will be advantageous.
- Drivers license and own transport is essential.
Physical Job Requirements:
Drivers licence and own car is essential
- Reports directly to the Campus Principal on all activities listed with an indirect reporting line to the National Student Relations Manager on all student wellness activities.