Direct Reporting Line:Programme Manager
The role of Full Time Lecturer is the delivery of training and education of students; student consultations; the establishment of a knowledge base of the discipline through academic research & development; whilst providing overall support to Academic department.
Key Performance Area:
Management & Leadership
- Responsible for Academic Management & Leadership (Teaching & Learning) in respect of
- Responsible for Academic Development and Performance
- Responsible for Programme Coordination in respect of
- Coordination of programme and student support interventions
- Coordination of students on boarding
- To be informed and knowledgeable about Academic Development and Performance monitoring
Teaching & Learning
- Responsible for Teaching and Learning Delivery in respect of:
- Direct academic student engagement
- Students success rates at modular level
- Continuous student support and development
- Teaching and learning in and out of the classroom
- Programme Coordination Committee meetings
- Contributes to programme improvements (content and assessments)
- Subject/module consultations
- Honours Degree in IT (Computer Science/Information Systems).
- NQF level 6 qualification in Education (PGDHE or equivalent).
- 2 -3 years Lecturing in a Tertiary environment.
- At least 1-2 years industry experience.
- Database Specialist
- Network Specialist
- Programming Specialist
Physical Job Requirements:
- No criminal record
- No MIE listing in respect of arrears / outstanding fees to any educational facility
Saturday work required
Start Date 1 July 2019