Direct Reporting Line:Teaching & Learning Manager
To oversee holistic wellness of students and to support, manage and develop the full student experience through the initiation and implementation of a range of student services and programmes on each Rosbank College campus.
Key Performance Area:
National Student Wellness Management
- Leads the SRM team by guiding, mentoring, enabling and empowering all Student Relations Managers (SRMs) and Student Relations Co-oridnators (SRC) at campus level.
- Provides advice continuously as counselling issues are raised with the job incumbent by SRMs/ SRCs
- Debriefs the SRMs annually to manage the student counselling process proactively.
- Manages all professional registration requirements for the SRM
Community Engagement (CE) and Citizenship
- Ensures that all relevant IIE student support and community engagement policies are rolled out effectively on all sites, e.g. Voluntarism, community outreach, citizenship.
- Facilitates the media reporting on these initiatives to the public which impacts directly on the brand identity and image of Rosebank College.
- Consolidates the reporting for all RC campuses into the appropriate national and group structures on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Provides ongoing training and development of campus SRMs to ensure current competency levels.
Social Awareness Campaigns implementation
- Drives the implementation of monthly awareness campaigns based on international trends and pertinent social issues, e.g. Cancer awareness, HIV
- Ensures that the social awareness campaigns are relevant and appropriate based on the need of the campus
- Facilitates the communication of all Awareness Campaigns across all campuses, e.g. Blood donor clinics
- Ensures the monoting and evaluation of all programmes to direct future implemtation and needs
Postgraduate Diploma / Bachelors Degree / Honours Degree (NQF Level 8) in Social Work or Psychology fields
Must be registered with the HPCSA
3 years Counselling experience (preferably in an Academic environment)
2 years Supervisory experience
2 years Community experience