Direct Reporting Line:Programme Manager
Rosebank College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The Braamfontein campus has a vacancy for a Teaching Experience Co-ordinator.
Key Performance Area:
The Teaching Experience Coordinator (TEC) will manage student placements for school-based work integrated learning (WIL) (Teaching Experience) across all qualifications within the School of Education on the identified campus/es.
- Building partnerships with schools to source and secure school placements for students on the identified campus/es :
- Discussions with principals/mentor teachers, visits to schools, telephonic and email communication
- Establish and maintain a rolling database of schools.
- Report in to the campus/es School of Education (SoE) Programme Managers (PM) or Vice Principal Academics (VPA) (where no SoE PM)
- Placement of students in schools
- Consult placement forms from registered students at start of year and allocate students to schools
- Communicate onto students their final school placement
- Track student school placements over the required years of the programme to ensure diversity in school experience
- All written communique with schools done in consultation with the Campus SoE PM / VPA and Head of School Education:
Letters to schools
- Collate the Information for the Mentor Teacher Information pack
- Teaching Experience Supervisors
- Source supervisors as per the Teaching Experience Supervisors Scope
- Establish a database of supervisors for campus consideration
- Schools Support
- Ensure a professional and harmonious relationship with partner schools
- Support the campus/es in the organisation and conducting of the workshops
- Minimum of Advanced Diploma or Bachelor's Degree. Postgraduate qualification advantageous.
- Experience in education is strongly recommended
Own car and valid driver's license essential.