Direct Reporting Line:Librarian
Performs routine clerical duties to assist the Librarian and thereby provides a quality service to the Students.
Key Performance Area:
- Assist in running of circulation desk (issuing, renewal & returning of book loans)
- Daily handling of newspapers (including scanning and clippings)
- Daily handling of journals
- Daily shelf reading
- Check that all equipment (computers, printer, copier) are functional
- Assist in updating of notice boards
- Assist in preparing and mounting library displays
- Assist students with using computers
- Help students with OPAC searches
- Ensure that library in neat and professional at all times
- Provides clerical support to the Librarian eg photocopying handouts,helping during workshops, checking subject guides and database worksheets
- In addition to these typical duties, may perform other duties as assigned and required.
Graduate with a Library and Information Science Qualification.
Minimum of 1 year working experience in relevant field, preferably academic library.