Direct Reporting Line:Teaching & Learning Manager
Rosebank College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd and South Africas largest private higher education institution, registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution is looking for a National Librarian
Key Performance Area:
National Library Portfolio Management
- Communicates and oversees implementation of procedures, monitors implementation and gathers feedback for review.
- Coordinates library programmes and events.
- Coordinates selection and acquisition of new library materials.
- Represents the Rosebank College within the Institute of Independent Education (IIE) committee structures including Programme Reviews and the Library Committee.
- Implements National Library policies.
- Manages the integration of library programmes and events into the overall Student Support framework.
- Manages day-to-day National Library operations.
- Updates library holdings in shared catalogue.
- Receipts newly purchased materials.
- Responsible for the overall management and control of periodicals i.e. journals, newspapers.
- Follows-up on the subscriptions of journals and periodicals.
- Retrieves information in printed and electronic format i.e. conducts literature searches upon request.
- Scans materials for archiving and compiles bulletin content pages.
- Manages the database and creates back-ups.
- Assists with projects and functions as required
Human Capital Management (Library)
- Conducts employee appraisals.
- Draws up action plans to address poor performance.
- Identifies training needs of staff.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Advanced Diploma / Bachelors Degree (NQF level 7) in Library Information Science
- 5 Year(s) Library experience
- 2 Year(s) Management experience
- Document Management
- Database Administration
- Information Monitoring