Direct Reporting Line:Principal
Direct management of academic delivery, face to face and online, and overseeing the management of academic programmes under the supervision of the Campus Head and Academic Manager. The mandate includes managing the operational efficiency of the academic team and overseeing the student support function.
Key Performance Area:
- Implementation of academic policies
- Approval of students academic requests (exception apps)
- Controlling assessment procedures e.g. security and invigilators
- Approval of all lecturers on IIE programmes as per IC appointment process
- Surveys: Student, Lecturer, Technology
- Scheduling of timetables.
- Support the PMs in the recruitment of lecturers.
- Contracting lecturers as per scheduled timetable.
- Updating of timetable on SAM with amendments as required.
- Analyse attendance statistics with PMs as part of At-Risk process (Lecturer, programme, module issues)
Roll Over Process
- Manage the roll over process during annual student registration process
- Management of all resources within department; which includes but is not limited to:-
- Recruitment and appointment of resources
- Performance Management
- Management of discipline in the workplace
Education (formal qualification requirements)
- Honours degree
- Teaching qualification
- Masters degree
- Demonstratable proof of management of an academic team in a decentralized environment.
- Experience in lecturing, both face to face and online.
- Ability to work with online Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams, Outlook.
- Experience in the use of Skype for Business, Zoom or similar programme.
- Ability to work with information, analyse data and generate reports and recommendations for the improvement of student results
- Three to five years general staff management experience, which must include the hiring of staff and contractors, performance management of resources, training and development of staff, as well as management of disciplinary issues.
- Operational efficiency and ability to implement policies and procedures
- Commercial and business awareness
- Problem solving skills and solutions driven
- Numeracy and sound technical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to balance the demands of work and personal commitments
- Ability to make quick but balanced decisions
- Manage a large and diverse team