Campus/Business Unit:Cape Town
Direct Reporting Line:Programme Manager
Academic delivery and development to ensure Rosebank College students are guided and supported in their learning and achievement of subject outcomes.
Key Performance Area:
Management & Leadership
- Responsible for Academic Management & Leadership (Teaching & Learning)
- Responsible for Academic Development and Performance
- Responsible for Programme Coordination in respect of
- Coordination of programme and student support interventions
- Coordination of students on boarding
- To be informed and knowledgeable about Academic Development and Performance monitoring
Teaching & Learning
- Responsible for Teaching and Learning Delivery in respect of:
- Direct academic student engagement
- Students success rates at modular level
- Continuous student support and development
- Teaching and learning in and out of the classroom
- Programme Coordination Committee meetings
- Contributes to programme improvements (content and assessments)
- Subject/module consultations
- The ideal candidate should have a degree in one of the Humanities fields with Journalism up to third year level.
- BTech where Journalism/Media has been a major for all 4 years.
- 3 - 4 years Lecturing in a Tertiary environment.
- Specialising in:
- Sub Editing
- Journalism Practice
- Writing for Journalism
Physical Job Requirements:
- No criminal record
- No MIE listing in respect of arrears / outstanding fees to any educational facility
Saturday work required