Direct Reporting Line:General Manager
Responsible for shaping the academic success of students through a climate of hospitable education and leadership; whilst driving a successful business that yields financial returns for the brand and helps the group achieve overall financial targets.
Key Performance Area:
- Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, career coaching, personal development for direct reports and accountable for the performance of employees.
- Ensure teams are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support.
- Sign off of all new appointments.
- Responsible for the signing-off of contracts for independent contractors.
- Attends disciplinary hearings when necessary.
- Approves leave and sets rosters for classes.
- Ensures achievements of targets i.e. sales as well as throughput and pass rates.
- Provides a plan to guide sales teams to achieve goals based on historical records.
- Monitors academic performance and takes necessary steps to ensure pass rates remain high e.g. workshops, extra classes etc.
- Ensure that all departments are functioning i.e. class attendance (students and lecturers).
- Ensures that assessments are finalised.
- Contributes to annual budget planning process and compiles annual budget
- Manages, monitors and controls the budget and takes corrective action as appropriate
- Takes full responsibility for the financial resources within area of accountability.
- Manages and maintains internal and external relations to ensure that problem areas are resolved timeously.
- Attends monthly meetings with the student council to manage and maintain student affairs.
- Develops an annual Operational Plan with regard to the maintenance functioning within the premises i.e. building, security, cleaning and air conditioning to ensure alignment with brand image.
- Monitors progress to ensure successful implementation of plans.
- Ensures the existence of SLAs with service providers and contractors.
- Develops Facilities Management policies and procedures.
- Academic/Business Degree
- Business Degree (Hons)
- Background in Education
- 3 Years Managing of a small campus
- 5 Years Business experience; including financial management, budgeting etc
- 3 Years
- Staff Management; including but not limited to:
- Recruitment and Selection of resources
- Performance Management
- Management of Discipline