Direct Reporting Line:Head: Academic Operations
As the Academic Operations Officer you are responsible for the administration related to results, graduation, student records, admission requirements and registration of students, while adhering to the IIE Policies related to all the various operational functions and requirements. You will work closely with the Teaching & Learning team to ensure timeous feedback and return of results after assessments as well as moderation.
Key Performance Area:
- Planning and oversight of the Registration Process;
- Ensure that contracts are complete and correct and all relevant sections signed;
- Billing of all students including SOB;
- Create and maintain all student files including SOB;
- Ensure that all relevant supporting documents are in the files;
- Ensure all hard copy documents are uploaded on SAM;
- Maintain and control a proper filing/archiving system;
- Capture and register students on SAM;
- Responsible to ensure compliancy with the relevant IIE Policies;
- Liaise with National on all Admission Queries;
- Foreign Student Applications Study Permits, etc.;
- SAQA Equivalence Documents;
¢ Responsible for up to date, accurate maintenance and capturing of student data on SAM in respect of registration details;
¢ Processing all change of details and change of subject/Modules forms and associated confirmation letters;
¢ Working co-operatively with the academic assistants and in support of T&L team with the respect to all details pertaining to changes needed on timetables and registers.
Assessment and processes
¢ Manage & oversee the entire assessment (formative assignments & tests, summative & special exams & moderation process
¢ Ensure all relevant documentation are on the system to be processes by the Central Academic Team in order to graduate students.
¢ Ensure all academic and admission requirements are fulfilled in order to graduate students.
¢ Assist in planning of the graduation ceremony and administration around the ceremony.
- Higher Certificate (NQF5)/ Diploma or Degree in Administration
- 3 Years Administration experience within a Tertiary or Educational Institution