Direct Reporting Line:Campus Head
Direct management of academic delivery, face to face and online, and overseeing the management of academic programmes under the supervision of the Campus Head and Teaching and Learning Manager. The mandate includes managing the operational efficiency of the academic team and overseeing the student support function.
Key Performance Area:
Management and Leadership
- Management of the student support team on campus: academic (PM, PC, FTL, IC), library and student wellness
- Student Support (Library, SRM, SRC, CC, Events)
- Academic - Teaching and Learning (VPA, PM, PC, FTL, IC)
- Management and overseeing the overall campus academic and operations activities
- Integration between ICT , teaching and learning, student support services and operations department
- Operational budget for academic compliance and operational purposes
- Management of teaching and learning infrastructure
- Management of the academic department payroll
- Campus academic performance
- Management of cohort throughput targets
- Management of student support and teaching and learning budget
- Management of academic and student support integration
- Creation and management of campus timetables
- Creation and promotion of academic culture on campus
- Results analysis and student support interventions activities
- Development of academic staff -teaching/ lecturing practices
- Driving research activities among the academic staff
- Classroom academic activities development and feedback
- Maintaining a visible & active presence in the T & L space
- Conducting T & L developmental workshops for T &L staff
- Quality assures the deliverables of the Programme Co-ordinators
- At Risk management at faculty level
- Lecturer, programme and module results analysis
- Coordination of programme graduate empowerment activities and graduates attributes
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in Education
- Masters degree
- Demonstratable proof of management of an academic team in a decentralized environment.
- Experience in lecturing, both face to face and online.
- Ability to work with online Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams, Outlook.
- Experience in the use of Skype for Business, Zoom or similar programme.
- Ability to work with information, analyse data and generate reports and recommendations for the improvement of student results
- Three to five years general staff management experience, which must include the hiring of staff and contractors, performance management of resources, training and development of staff, as well as management of disciplinary issues.
- 2 or more years lecturing experience in Higher Education.
- Operational efficiency and ability to implement policies and procedures
- Commercial and business awareness
- Problem solving skills and solutions driven
- Numeracy and sound technical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to balance the demands of work and personal commitments
- Ability to make quick but balanced decisions
- Manage a large and diverse team
Able to work from home